With summer whizzing by, have you been taking advantage of all the warm and sunny days? If you’re lacking ideas on how to close out your summer in Reno, here are our TOP 5 “must dos” before school’s back in session.
- Food Truck Friday! Pro-tip… BIKE or walk to this event if possible! It’s a hot mess to park by Idlewild on Fridays, but do not miss out on the nearly 50 drool worthy trucks. Kick back and enjoy some live music and start your weekend off with a bang!
- Float the Truckee! You’re peeping the temps for the week and it’s over 100? No sweat! Grab your tube, some friends to shuttle float the river (park a car at Wingfield so you can get back to your drop off). It’s a great way to cool off and meet fellow Renonites (because you know the whole town will be out there!). Take out is at Wingfield or Idlewild, and depending on how long of a soak you’re looking for, start at Mayberry, Dorostkar, or Crissie Caughlin! Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Sunset dinner at Sand Harbor! As a local, do you avoid Sand Harbor all summer long? We get it… but the secret is to go later in the day. The east side of the lake gives the best sunset views! Plan to pick up some take out pizza or pack a picnic. Grab the blanket, sweatshirt and soak in the sunset and lack of tourists… and if it’s still warm out after the sun goes down, take a bold dip!
- Scooter Mural Tour! Have you used the Bird Scooters yet? Nooo? Well, hop on one and scoot around town to scope out all the murals of Reno. How many can you find? Enjoy a bubble tea break and take lots of instagram worthy shots all day long with your hip little scooter!
- Climb the BIG WALL! Okay, so this is a summer AND life bucket list item. Soar above the city at BaseCamp on the World’s Tallest Wall! They’ll get you geared up with the climbing equipment to take on this epic adventure… Who can say they’ve climbed the side of a hotel building?! Fun fact: the OLDEST climber to reach the top was 94, and the YOUNGEST was 4! BUT, this is not for the faint of heart! Are you up for the challenge and the most epic selfie of all time (ask about Go-Pro rentals to record your climb)!
The big wall is best conquered between 4-7pm to avoid that direct summertime sun.